Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Bringing back the peppy side - My better half

Life has become so fast paced that we forget to even count how quickly the days or even weeks pass- by and we are unable to acknowledge the deeds of our near-one who are always thinking and working for us behind the scene in their wishes , thoughts , prays and deeds .

My wife is one of the peppy gems, who act as the creative director of my real life film. As famous proverb goes “Behind every successful man, there is a women”, but in my life there were four of them. Started with my mother, 2 sisters and then come wife as i advanced in various stages of life. It has been 5 years of Marriage and due to professional responsibilities, the so called work -life balance was nowhere to found and the scales are heavily tilted towards work, which took almost 13-15 hours every day and similarly every weekend passed away in attending seminar/conferences/corporate events. Whatever time left behind gets divided into attending family functions and taking care of household duties. So no matter how much I feel  and keep telling my wife sorry for not giving personal time to sit /talk/eat/drink/travel with her and to understand her expectation and perspective of life , Helplessly all I have been giving her is a dead smile . 

But this time, I decided to break free from this routine before it breaks me. I booked a resort at Lansdowne over long weekend on HOLI for just 2 of us. Lansdowne is a Hill station situated approx 250 Km from Delhi in Uttarakhand State. When I told her about this plan 1 week before actual travel date, she was very skeptical and based on my history of postponing everything for work; I expected this doubt naturally from everyone. Finally the day arrived and we packed our stuff in car, which I decided to drive and keep driver at home to utilize the travel time to open up. As we started, I have mentally prepared to hear complaints and issues related to home and my attitude towards her. Surprisingly, Reverse happened and she actually praised me as how i have been putting my wishes and comfort at stake to give entire family financial security and help in crafting a better future.  For next 3 days, we watched movies together, Relived our 8 years of togetherness which included 5 year of marriage and 3 years beforehand. We eat/drink/sleep/laughed/played like old collage days and had zero communication with external world .There was no alarm clock ringing , no cell phone buzzing , no sudden burst of anger /frustrations . What was there was two of us in present form and a believe that no matter what happens we will remain on each other side forever and keep inspiring each other to fulfill our duties along with not forgetting our love for each other .

At the end of trip, we promised to keep a week apart from world just for each other every year and go on a holiday/vacation which will keep us going for remaining 359 days of year.
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment